Vail Daily Columnist
Fun With Language
Kids & Education
Nature & Wildlife
Other Interesting Stuff
Sports & Activities
Here are just a few of his comments and observations:
On relationships: “In many cases, the best “present” a man can give to a woman is just to “be present.” And “being present” doesn’t’ mean being there physically—it means being emotionally present.”
On the history of marriage: “In the 14th and 15th centuries people married in June because they took their yearly bath in May; however, they were starting to smell just a tad, so brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.”
On customer service: “When it comes to customer satisfaction there are two maxims: First, the customer defines quality, and second, quality, service, price, the customer wants at least two.”
On what schools don’t teach our kids—but should:
- Positive attitude
- Belief in one’s individual importance
- Making wise choices
- Positive habit building
- Creative thinking
On geopolitics: “The World Court does not have a clear mission, it is not underpinned by any particular body of law (as the U.S. Criminal Justice System is) and three fourths of the nations endorsing the court do not subscribe to trial by jury—so just how prudent would it be for the U.S. to become a member?”
Visit the archives at www.vaildaily.com to see more commentaries.
His writing career actually began with a screenplay that was redacted into a rather cheeky “singles” book titled From the First Date to the Bedroom: The Single Man’s Official Guide to Success With Women.
- Born and raised in Chicago, IL, graduated from the University of Dayton and later the University Of Michigan School Of Advanced Business Methods.
- Commissioned an officer in the United States Marine Corps.
- Served as a carrier qualified Naval Aviator including a tour in Vietnam, flying more than 400 combat missions.
- Twice a recipient of the “Outstanding Young Men of America” award.
- Area President of a regional office of an international insurance brokerage firm.
- Chaired numerous professional boards and has participating in active fund raising for The American Heart Association and The Children’s Hospital Foundation and has appeared on local Denver TV fundraising for Muscular Dystrophy.
- Insurance consultant to businesses in Chicago, Denver and the Bay Area.