~ If it walks like a duck ~
Fascism has taken on many forms. From Franco’s Spain to Mussolini’s Italy to Nazi Germany to Saddam’s Bath Party. While time, place and circumstance differ, each had similar ideological goals, beginning with a centralized government that abhorred individualism and free-market capitalism.
Each of these fascist governments inserted themselves into every nook & cranny of daily life, each eliminated freedom speech and determined wages for commerce & industry. Each used secret police, i.e., the Gestapo, the NKVD, etc. Each confiscated guns, controlled public education, seized inherited wealth, ensured a government apparatus controlled the distribution of health care, restricted the marketplace, and in what is perhaps the most insidious aspect of fascism, each of those fascist governments condoned political violence as an essential political tactic.
As the saying goes, “Actions speak louder than words,” so when examining the policies and actions of the Left in this country, the comparisons with fascist ideology are inescapable, to wit:
- In addition to fueling the cancel culture, the president’s executive orders demanding equity have inserted woke ideology into every nook and cranny of our daily lives.
- We may not have secret police sniffing around, but how is that different from weaponizing the DOJ and FBI to go after concerned parents as ‘domestic terrorists?
- Fascist governments confiscated all firearms, just as much of the Left effectively wants to abolish the Second Amendment.
- Each of these fascist governments controlled public education; once again, how different is that from our teachers’ unions that vote 98% democrat and are brainwashing our kids with ridiculous CRT training and endorsing gender transitions? And if you’ve ever wondered why our schools aren’t hardened to prevent mass shootings, look no further than the teachers’ unions that won’t allow it.
- And lastly, consider for a moment how there can be no greater illustration of ‘embracing political violence to further their goals’ than the BLM riots of 2020 that went un-condemned by the Democrat Party.
To be clear, I’m not calling the Biden administration or the democrats fascists, but when so much woke ideology is congruent with fascism the phrase, “if it walks like a duck,” takes on a whole new meaning
~ Donald Trump ~
Say what you will about the former president, and yes, his actions/non-actions on Jan 6th were despicable, unsupportable, reprehensible, egregious, and whatever else you may choose to call them. But more importantly, those actions/inactions are the reasons the former president isn’t deserving of another term in the Oval Office. However, during his administration America was…
- Energy independent
- Gas was $2.39/gal,
- Inflation was at 1.4%,
- Illegal immigration was at its lowest point in more than 20 years
- The fentanyl coming across the southern border had been reduced by 90%,
- Crime was going down, not up (at least until the BLM rioters killed 35 and caused $2 billion in property damage)
- There was plenty of baby food on the shelves and the airlines basically ran on time.
- Afghanistan was stable and only one American had been killed during the 18 months prior to Biden giving that country back to the Taliban along with $80,000,000,000 of American military equipment all while taking millions of women out of school and putting them back into burkas.
- There was no “supply chain” crisis and
- Putin didn’t invade anywhere (recall, Putin took Georgia under Bush, Crimea under Obama, and Ukraine under Biden) – gee, has anyone on the left ever wondered why Putin didn’t get frisky with Trump in office?
~ Phasing in? ~
The reason no one on the left has made any serious effort to defend Roe on constitutional grounds is because it can’t be done. Even the esteemed liberal icon, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, felt the landmark 1973 Supreme Court decision that affirmed a woman’s “right” to an abortion was too far-reaching and too sweeping. Rather, she opined that the right to an abortion should be “phased in” gradually.
Phased in? Really? Legislative matters, i.e., rules, protocols, and laws can be “phased in,” such as when the Biden administration began phasing in its new protocol for acquiring student aid via the FAFSA Simplification Act. But a “right” is not something that’s “phased in.” Think about that for a moment, can you imagine Thomas Jefferson or James Madison crafting the Constitution so it “phased in” the right to free speech or “phased in” the right to trial by jury?
Ginsberg was clear that she preferred abortion rights be secured in a process that included state legislatures and the courts, which is essentially the legislative process and the role of the legislative branch of the government, not the judicial. Abortion is a social issue, not a constitutional one and should be decided by the people through their elected representatives—and you cannot get more democratic than that.
Quote of the day: “If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead”—Johnny Carson