- When politicians talk about taxing big corporations, they only people they fool are the gullible and uniformed. Corporations do not pay taxes, people pay taxes. A corporation’s treasurer may write and sign the check, but the money that goes to the IRS comes first from the corporation’s employees & stockholders, but most of it comes from its customers! When a corporation’s taxes go up, it has two choices, lay off workers and/or raise the costs of their goods.
- Gas prices have risen considerably since President Biden closed the Keystone Pipeline, yet few want to discuss the fact that the same amount of petroleum is still being delivered to the refineries. The difference is that now the oil is being transported by rail & road instead of by pipeline, a situation that increases greenhouse gas pollution; begging the question, how does this benefit the environment?
- I too want a clean air & water, but I also want the truth. So, before spending billions on the Green New Deal, Americans would be wise to consider the words of Dr. Ottmar Endenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC working group on Mitigation of Climate Change who told the World Global Warming Policy Forum, “We (the UN-IPCC) redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy…One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.”
- When questioned why VP Harris still has not visited the border, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters Harris was only in charge of the diplomacy to address the problem’s “root causes.” C’mon, if we don’t know the “root causes” of illegal immigration by now we never will, to wit, corrupt governments that fail to provide basic physical protections, offering little economic opportunity and even less hope. And if there weren’t oceans separating us from Africa and Asia, we’d have millions surging across our borders instead of thousands.
- From 2015 through 2019 the nation averaged 10,500 gun-homicides per year.During the same period the nation averaged 360 mass-shooting deaths per year. So, if curbing gun violence is the issue wouldn’t it make more sense for the nation to focus its energies on preventing the 97% of violent gun deaths not associated with mass shootings, i.e., crime on our city streets?
- Today’s Democrat Party is obsessed with race. Every executive order, every piece of legislation, every accusation against their opponents, every aspect of American society, even the climate, is now framed by racism.As Joseph Goebbels infamously said, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. Adding that, “…the lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the…consequences of the lie…”
- The Jim Crow laws that denied black Americans their right to vote were all about Billyclubs, fire hoses, poll taxes, bogus literacy tests and the threat of violence by the Ku Klux Klan. But the new Georgia voting law is nothing like that. Black voters like all other Georgians will still be able to register and vote in-person on Election Day; they can vote before Election Day or vote by mail without an excuse if they are 65 or older. The provisions democrats claim are throwbacks to Jim Crow include requirements that voters present a valid photo ID when voting in person; provide a driver’s license number or the ‘last four’ of their Social Security number when voting by mail; and that in-person voting on Sundays is a county-by-county option.
Thought for the day: Government has been unsuccessful in fighting homelessness, hunger and poverty; yet now it tells us it will be successful fighting climate change—let that sink in for a moment.