To get our mind off of the election I thought we might have some fun today by offering a challenge to my blog readers – below is arguably the all-time greatest word puzzle ever, now there are no catches to this, it’s an exercise in pure logic and I’ll offer one hint – EVERY fact is important
On a train, Smith, Robinson and Jones are the fireman, brakeman and engineer, but NOT respectively. Also aboard the train are three businessmen who have the same names: a Mr. Smith, a Mr. Robinson and a Mr. Jones.
- Mr. Robinson lives in Detroit
- The brakeman lives exactly halfway between Chicago and Detroit
- Mr. Jones earns exactly $20,000 a year
- The brakeman’s nearest neighbor, one of the passengers, earns exactly three times as much as the brakeman
- Smith beats the fireman at billiards
- The passenger whose name is the same as the brakeman’s lives in Chicago
Who is the Engineer?