- According to USA Today, the NFL will play the black national anthem “Lift Every Voice and Sing” before each Week 1 game. It kind of makes one wonder if Roger Godell and the NFL owners have ever heard of E Pluribus Unum.
- To eliminate the kneeling controversy or having to decide upon which “national” anthem should be played before NFL games, here’s a suggestion for the commissioner. The NFL should be a model of ‘proportional representation’ – therefore Mr. Godell should ensure that 35% of coaches and owners are nonwhite and that the player population comprises 60% white, 18% Hispanic, 13% black, 6% Asian and 3% all other races. What’s fair is fair.
- Slavery has been an integral part of Islamic culture since the time of Mohammed so why haven’t black lives matter, Antifa and the cancel culture targeted any mosques in their riots?
- What are the odds of conservatives and liberals agreeing or compromising on issues of national concern when they can’t even agree upon who should be permitted in a bathroom on any given day?
- Of course black lives matter, but then all lives matter. And saying that is neither racist nor does it render one blind to racial inequality. It simply means that “human life” matters regardless of race, ethnicity or any other factor. Rejecting that notion is dishonest and juvenile.
- Diversity had done wonders for college campuses across the U.S., now everyone looks different, but thinks the same.
- I’m genuinely curious, if Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben’s, Eskimo Pie and Cream of Wheat are ancient history what about the Pillsbury Dough Boy; won’t the 42% of clinically obese Americans be offended?
- The central objective of the Paris Agreement is to hold global average temperature increase to “well below 2°C above preindustrial levels.” Meanwhile, the average life of a coal fired power plant is roughly forty years, and as of today, the Chinese communist government is either building or has plans to build an additional three hundred, yes, that’s 300 new coal fired power plants around the world. You do the math!
- When the question of whether or not to open up the schools amid the pandemic comes up for discussion, it’s important to keep two things in mind.The National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers, two of the largest unions in the country, have two goals. First support for the Democrat Party – Fact: the Democrat Party receives 30% more in contributions from these unions than any other single union or corporation; and secondly these unions support teachers, our students.
- The current protests/riots going on are truly insidious because they’re couched in innocuous terms such as “social activism, equality and fairness.”Their rhetoric of concern for the poor, the weak and the downtrodden hardly matches their actions of violence and destruction, yet the media has legitimized black lives matter and other Marxist organizations such as Antifa.
- I used the following graphic in my last commentary to illustrate how police shootings have actually remained quite consistent thru the years, compelling me to ask, why are we seeing all the rioting now?
Year Shootings by uniformed police officers
2015 994 258
2016 962 234
2017 986 224
2018 991 228
2019 1004 250
And while the numbers are certainly skewed against blacks, there are valid reasons for that; prime among them is the fact that while black men comprise just 6.5% of the population they commit 46% of the homicides in the United States, a fact that’s always left out of the narratives from CNN, MSNBC and the NY Times.
Quote of the day: “Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we would know who owns them”—Robin Williams