I usually wait until Monday for my posts, but with all the executive orders the new president is issuing, I just had to comment…
- Joe Biden talks of unity, but he is either afraid to face down Nancy Pelosi and chuck Schumer or he lacks the cognitive ability to realize that impeaching an out of office president that 72,000,000 people voted for will make it impossible to bring this nation together. And if he does not realize what Pelosi and Schumer are doing is just deepening the divide, the man truly is addled.
- Most Americans don’t realize transgender people were allowed to serve in the military during the Trump administration; the so-called transgender military ban was clear, “Any eligible individual who meets the high standards for military service without special accommodations was permitted to serve in the American military.” The operative phrase being “without special accommodations.” President Biden’s order forces the military to make special accommodations for transgender people, which not only reduces military effectiveness, but it also reveals his order was actually about identity politics, plain and simple.
- If America is going to come together it needs an even-handed president, not one who condemns white supremacists during an official inauguration speech yet refuses to face the fact that there is a vicious fascist organization called Antifa.
- Yes, elections have consequences, but Joe Biden with all his bromides will never unite a fractured America around a far-left agenda.
- And speaking of Biden; does anyone remember the 1979 classic movie with Peter Sellers and Shirley McClain, “Being There.?”
- “I’m not going to shut down the country, I’m going to shut down the virus.”—Joe Biden. “There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic.”—Joe Biden. Huh!
- No reasonable person can deny earth’s climate is changing so this issue becomes of one of, Why is it changing and what can realistically be done about it?” But debating climate change with true believers is nigh on impossible, so when engaged in such discussion I fall back on the words of Ottmar Endenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC working group on Mitigation of Climate Change who said, “We (the UN-IPCC) redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy… One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.”
- And if that fails, I quote Christiana Figueres, Executive Secretary of U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change who said, “This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model (i.e., capitalism) that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,” I’ve never received an adequate response to either.
- The “news” generated by The New York Times, The Washington Post, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN is best described as “opinion” dressed up as fact – Pravda anyone?
- Black Lives Matter and Antifa, are little more than vengeful anarchists and fascists using the cover of the pandemic to settle old scores or simply to destroy entire neighborhoods for no other reason than spite and hatefulness.
- Biden’s latest order forbidding the use of the term “China virus” in reference to a disease that originated in Wuhan China because it “stokes fears and perpetuates stigma about Asian Americans,” is tantamount to Roosevelt & Churchill forbidding Eisenhower, Montgomery, Patton and the rest of the Allied generals not to use the term Nazi Germany during World War II.
I fear this insanity has only just begun…