- The headline of a Greenpeace Report released last fall read, “Plastic Recycling Is A Dead-End Street—Year After Year, Plastic Recycling Declines Even as Plastic Waste Increases.” But being liberal means never having to say you’re sorry, and, true to form, Greenpeace is making no apologies for having helped impose such an onerous practice on the citizenry for all these many years. Unsurprisingly, Greenpeace’s new strategy is even worse; it proposes to end the age of plastic by phasing out single-use plastics through a ‘Global Plastics Treaty.’ But instead of a new treaty, perhaps they should just contact John Kerry and ask to have it added as an addendum to the Paris Climate Accord.
- A nation as energy rich as the United States that’s in an ideological war with its own domestic energy industry is in no position to negotiate anything with the world’s major oil suppliers.
- Question of the day: When was the last time you engaged a liberal in a political discussion wherein, he or she proposed a theory or policy, explained it thoroughly with facts & figures and then responded to questions about the matter in a logical and rational way? I’m waiting…
- Have you noticed how the Left now despises Elon Musk as much as it once worshiped Sam Bankman-Fried?
- The Democrat Party’s obsession with identity politics is undermining the principles of merit and fair play that has made this country great.
- “Only 5.7% of US doctors are Black, and experts warn the shortage harms public health,” read a recent CNN headline. The reason given was “systemic racism,” but the “experts’ conveniently failed to mention that black SAT scores and high school graduation rates are the lowest of any demographic in the nation while the number of black children born to unwed mothers is the highest – gee, do ya think there may be a connection?
- The World Health Assembly, the decision-making body of the World Health Organization (WHO), is drafting a Pandemic Treaty to regulate the global response to any new epidemic, which President Biden supports. However, international law is more of a concept than a reality, and international treaties are complex and legally convoluted matters, so what’s the benefit of obligating & entangling the United States in a treaty that will only cause dissension, a battle over presidential authority and is likely end up at the Supreme Court?
- Wouldn’t it be nice if our president had the wherewithal to revoke China’s most favored nation status and ban federal contracts to firms that outsources to China?
- It’s been said the proof is in the pudding, so as Black History Month draws to a close, a plurality of Americans believe race relations in the country are getting worse. Perhaps it’s the 50% increase in the black violent crime rate since George Floyd’s death that has influenced the opinions of so many Americans, so how much good has come from Mr. Biden’s DEI programs?
- The president vows he will ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines “come hell or high water,” compelling me to ask, what about the other 97% of gun related homicides in the U.S., shouldn’t they be addressed too? Answer – yes, they should but that would involve confronting liberal democrat mayors from New York to Los Angeles, and that would cost votes.
- When you really think about it, Biden’s student loan forgiveness program is little more than an upward redistribution of income, i.e., middle class taxpayers paying for the education of wealthy kids.
- It’s my hope the next GOP presidential candidate isn’t named Trump, but can you imagine the democrats’ dilemma, that even with far better-than-expected results in the recent midterms, it doesn’t change Mr. Biden’s health, age, or mental capacity.
- Liberal activist will tell you that someone who accepts their anatomical sex is “cisgender” while a person who rejects their anatomical sex is “transgender.” But c’mon, anyone who rejects their anatomical sex is in effect denying reality (there are only two choices – a person has either two X chromosomes or an X and a Y chromosome, there is no “Z chromosome”) so, yes, they do need our compassion, but they also need psychiatric help.
~ And lastly, a little math ~
- Electric Vehicle Facts the left always fails to mention
- There are roughly 2,000,000 electric vehicles (EVs) on the roads in the U.S.
- There are roughly 45,000 charging stations in the U.S.
- The average quick charge time for an EV is 30 minutes giving the vehicle a range of roughly 300 miles provided you live below the Mason-Dixon line in the winter.
- Meanwhile there are 298,000,000 ICE (internal combustion engine) cars in the U.S.
- Doing the math, we would need roughly 6,700,000 more charging stations to service those 298 million vehicles if they were electric
- Meanwhile, the above does not include the 15,000,000 over-the-road big rigs in the U.S. that if they were electric, would require far larger batteries and anywhere from one to six hours to charge, again, with a range of roughly 300 miles, versus a 600-mile range for diesel fueled rigs.
Just something to consider…
Quote of the day: “Be careful about reading health books, you may die of a misprint.”—Markus Herzin