Christmas usually occurs on December 25th every year; I say usually because for the Democrat Party, Christmas Day is tomorrow January 6th, the day the left will tell all who will listen how Donald Trump was a threat to our democracy.
I don’t know about you but if I hear one more leftie scream about how the events of January 6th were a threat to our democracy my head is going to pop off! Even more laughable I now read that the Jan. 6 Select Committee, aka the democrat lynch mob, is signaling that it intends to explore potential criminal wrongdoing by former president. C’mon, when is enough, enough already? Don’t they realize it’s over? Trump lost, Biden won, the left has the White House and the Congress…so enough with the carping, perhaps the democrats should try governing for a change.
But I fear that as long Donald Trump draws breath, January 6th will remain the focus of its governing philosophy. And vis-à-vis the Left’s relentless preoccupation with that date, allow me to ask, what might be more beneficial to the American people…
- Gaining control of the COVID pandemic or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Addressing the supply chain problem or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Curbing inflation or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Stopping the flow of fentanyl at the southern border or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Halting the number of illegal aliens crossing into this country or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Manufacturing and distributing COVID tests or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
- Getting the Americans and our allies stranded in Afghanistan out or pursuing what 800 malcontents did on the Capitol steps on January 6th?
In a recent commentary conservative social commentator, Victor David Hansen, asked rhetorically, what’s behind the recent pessimistic appraisals of democracy’s future, from Hillary Clinton, Adam Schiff, Brian Williams and other elite intellectuals, media personalities, and politicians on the Left? At the same time and closer to home, each of us likely has a friend or an acquaintance who incessantly warns about the “threat to our democracy” while feigning outrage at what occurred on January 6th. So, in response, I thought I would share a few of Mr. Hansen’s observations (paraphrased) regarding what the left feels is NOT a threat to our democracy:
- Two million unvaccinated foreign nationals illegally crossing our southern border in a single year.
- 800,000 foreign nationals, (many of them here illegally) will now be able to vote in New York City elections.
- Efforts to dismantle the 233-year-old Electoral College
- Attempts to scrap the 180-year-old filibuster rule.
- Authorizing a commission to investigate the practicality of packing the Supreme Court
- Attempts to scrap the 60-year tradition of 50 states by trying to give statehood to Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico and thus add 4 new democrat senators to Congress.
- A Congress that tried to impeach a president without the chief justice in attendance, without a special prosecutor or witnesses, and without a formal commission report of presidential high crimes and misdemeanors.
- An FBI, Justice Department, CIA, Hillary Clinton, and members of the Obama Administration systematically using U.S. government agencies to sabotage a presidential campaign, transition, and presidency, via the use of a foreign national and ex-spy Christopher Steele and his coterie of discredited Russian sources.
- The fact that since the Afghanistan debacle, the Pentagon has lost the support of the American people.
- Without data or evidence, the Pentagon is scouring its ranks for anyone suspected of “white rage” or “white supremacy.”
- Weaponizing the DOJ to investigate concerned parents as potential domestic terrorists.
- That a record 64 percent of the electorate did not cast their ballots on Election Day.
- Or that the usual rejection rate in most states of non-Election Day ballots plunged – even as an unprecedented 101 million ballots were cast by mail or early voting.
- Lying to the American people about the true cost of the Build Back Better legislation
Quote of the day: “A hypocrite is a man who murdered both his parents then pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan”—Abraham Lincol